Parish Safeguarding - Policy Statement
The Parochial Church Council has adopted the safeguarding policies and procedures of the Church of England. In particular we are committed to:
- the safeguarding of all children, young people and vulnerable adults;
- carefully selecting and training paid and voluntary staff who might come into contact with children or vulnerable adults, using the Disclosure and Barring Service, amongst other tools, to check their suitability;
- responding without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed;
- cooperating fully with the police, local authority and any other appropriate statutory body in any investigation;
- ministering appropriately to anyone, child or adult, who has experienced abuse;
- extending pastoral care to those known to have offended against children or vulnerable adults whilst ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are protected from them.
A copy of the Parish Safeguarding Policy is available here or in the right-hand drawer of the Welcome Table located in the vestibule of St Mark's Church.
Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
Childline: 0800 1111
National Domestic Violence: 0808 2000 247
Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
NAPAC: 0808 801 033
Action on Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141
Samaritans: 116 123